Marketing is a very important aspect of any business, the major part of the success of any product or business depends on how well it is marketed. Everywhere we see ads or promotional videos, they are nothing but part of marketing campaigns. In case you too want to be a successful marketer joining a Digital Marketing Certification can be a very wise decision.
Alt-text – Difference between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
Ideally there are two types of marketing, namely Traditional and Digital marketing. In this blog, we will be discussing them both in detail and how they differentiate.
<H2>What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing is nothing but the old-school way of marketing and promoting products. In traditional marketing offline approach is used by businesses to promote their products. The promotion is done through newspaper/magazine ads, TV, and radio advertisements, and billboards.
Interest, Awareness, Desire, and Decision are four phases of traditional marketing.
Traditional marketing was the only kind of marketing that existed before the internet was invented and quickly spread throughout the culture. You’ve engaged in traditional marketing if you’ve ever given anyone a business card, paid for a print ad, or even lobbied for your company in person.
<H2>Types of Traditional Marketing
Let’s discuss a few forms of traditional marketing:
- Broadcasting Marketing: Reaching your target demographic through TV or radio commercials is what is simply referred to as broadcast marketing. When a company wants to connect with a local or large audience, broadcast marketing is quite efficient. If a company wishes to market regionally, for instance, it can air TV commercials on regional channels. Similarly to this, if you wish to reach a nationwide or state-wide audience, you would undoubtedly select national TV stations. Without a question, broadcast marketing is a perennial kind of marketing.
- Print Marketing: Using the print marketing technique, advertisers choose their target market and post-print advertising in locations where their target market will see, hear, or interact with them offline. The majority of the time, their house is where you can reach them offline.
In order to reach their target audience members directly, businesses can identify their target demography and then send them print marketing materials like journals, brochures, pamphlets, direct mail, or postcards. Additionally, businesses are now able to trace their print marketing strategies down to the individual piece thanks to the USPS’s new capabilities and direct mail digital connection systems (like SP Direct).
- Direct Mail: Direct mail is a good alternative if you want to connect with your clients or potential consumers on a personal level. You may either target a certain consumer category or engage with each individual customer one-on-one. However, one of the most essential advantages of direct mail is that it is one of the most affordable solutions.
- Outdoor Marketing Campaign: Outdoor marketing, as its name implies, is a sort of advertising where businesses interact with consumers outside of their homes. Local companies frequently run outdoor marketing campaigns, but so do national and international corporations like Netflix, Coca-Cola, Facebook, KFC, McDonald’s, and Amazon.
<H2>What is Digital Marketing?
When a product or service is marketed to customers via digital means, this practice is known as digital marketing. This kind of marketing makes use of smartphones, social media, google search, and other comparable channels. As the internet took off in the 1990s, digital marketing gained popularity.
Digital marketing employs some of the same ideas as conventional marketing and is frequently regarded as a novel way for businesses to reach consumers and study their behavior. In their marketing strategy, businesses frequently meld conventional and digital marketing approaches.
<H2>Types of Digital Marketing
Below mentioned are some of the most popular digital marketing channels:
- Content marketing: Content marketing is a tried-and-true technique for attracting customers’ interest in a company’s goods and services by providing them with valuable information. Content marketing, as a marketing approach that encompasses both conventional and digital platforms, is an essential component of every successful marketing business.
- Social media marketing: Building social trust and raising brand recognition are the main objectives of a social media marketing strategy. The more you engage in social media marketing, the more you can utilize it to generate leads or even as a route for direct marketing or sales. Social media marketing includes promoted postings and tweets.
- Affiliate marketing: Publishers may make money through affiliate marketing by employing an affiliate link to promote goods or services that are sold by other businesses. A commission is paid to the affiliate partner for delivering a specified outcome to the shop or advertiser.
- Video marketing: The term “video marketing” describes the process of using video to advertise or promote your business or product through digital platforms. To put it simply, video marketing refers to the use of video to promote your business, a product, or a service, communicate on social media, inform potential and existing clients, and engage with them.
<H2>Key Differences between Traditional and Digital Marketing
Let’s try to understand the major differences between traditional and digital marketing with the help of a table.
|Traditional Marketing||Digital Marketing|
|The product is promoted through TV ads, banners, broadcasts, telephone, etc.||Digital media or say the internet is used for the promotion of any product or service.|
|Traditional marketing can be quite expensive.||Digital marketing when compared with traditional marketing is very cost-effective and cheap.|
|It can be challenging to measure the effect of promotion through traditional marketing.||With the help of many online available analytics tools, it becomes easy to measure the reach in the case of digital marketing.|
|The return on investment cannot be measured in the case of traditional marketing.||It is pretty easy to figure out the exact ROI.|
|Once the advertisement of any post goes live it cannot be changed.||You can easily alter the promotion campaign as many times as you want.|
|Traditional marketing is limited to local consumers.||With digital marketing, you can endorse your product globally.|
|Because traditional marketing does not produce real-time results, it is necessary to develop a marketing plan ahead of time because it is dependent on marketing results.||Marketing strategy improvement is highly flexible, since it may be adjusted based on marketing results.|
|Because of the inflexible ways through which traditional marketing is carried out, one-way communication happens.||There is two-way communication, which leads to increased consumer satisfaction.|