We’ll break HMIS following keyword into simple terms for you to understand in a better way. You all might be familiar with the word Health Management, we’ll be discussing more about it in this article.
But, What does MIS mean? MIS or Management Information System is a software that is developed for the management of data. This information system plays an important role in the various sectors of the business in the society. From café to health ministry everywhere, it completes the cycle.
The combination of the Health department with MIS system sounds like HMIS. A technical software system which is used only for medical purposes. Through HMIS login portal, the health department works effectively with the data.
HMIS login system was launched by the Gujarat Government of India. It was established in the year 2006, almost a decade ago. It was brought in the medical world to cut down the work load.
With the help of this system, doctors can perform their daily tasks in a limited time period. More cases can be solved in the same period. It is used by all the states of India, means all the hospitals use this system.
HMIS portal is used for the analysis and storing of the healthcare data. Managing authority can utilise this data whenever required.
Godfather of HMIS
Allocation and calculation of the human data is simple for the medicines. HMIS portal site is managed by the health ministry department of India. Through this portal, health ministry collect the data, allocate it and utilise it.
C- DAC has designed this innovative model. It was created with the help to cloud infrastructure. It can be applied in all the hospitals, minor changes are flexible.
In simple words, it is an adaptation of a technology in health sector. Manual work is now diminished with the help of this software. Working is more efficient and effective in health sector.
HMIS Login Procedure
If you are looking for the steps to complete the health management information system HMIS login procedure then here we have given them below:
- Firstly, you have to open the browser of your device that you prefer most.
- After that, use the search box to search for the official website.
- Go on the official site through the results appearing on your screen or click on this url: https://hmis.mohfw.gov.in/#!/login and on the dashboard of the platform you will find the login option.
- Click on the login button and it will give you a form to fill, where you have to enter the username and password in the asked column.
- When you are done with filling, complete the captcha and hit the login button to complete the process here.
Features of Health Management Information System (HMIS) Portal
There are huge features of health management information system HMIS portal and here we have given some of them below:
- Simple and friendly interface
- created on the Open-source programming language.
- handles the lengthy data.
- Offers validation checks for each facility.
- Users can generate or create informed error reports and customize them with filters like State, District, Sub-district, Block,Health block and more.
Purpose of HMIS
- To Analyse the Healthcare data.
- To responsibly managing the allocated data in the system.
- To serve the data whenever asked for it.
- To retain the healthcare data for retrieval in the future.
Pros of HMIS
Information system is a software which is used by the Health industry to get all the latest updates. It provides them all the information they want. An example of accuracy, flexibility and smoothness.
Some of the top benefits of implementing HMIS’s portal are:
- This system is built by C- DAC which is a top advantage itself.
- It is used for analysing the healthcare data.
- It brings down the complexity of the large data into simplest form for the authority.
- It reduces the manual hard work, and reduces error.
- More accuracy and fast working features makes it more competitive.
- It is a modern tech innovation which is in demand by every industry.
- This portal is personally managed by Government of India.
- It is safe and secured software system.
- It is featured with Monitoring and Evaluation of the activities.
- Millions of data can be stored in this system without affecting the space size.
Cons of HMIS
People are sacred of technology nowadays, we are completely surrounded by it. We know that there are top advantages of technology but, we should also look for the other angle.
Some of the visible drawbacks of implementing HMIS portal are:
- It reduces the employment opportunity of the people
- It cut downs the man power resource of the organisation.
- Requires continuous command to perform a quick work.
- Damage in the system will make you loose all the data.
- It is expensive to install. It requires training to the staff for handling.
- Poor data management is a common complaint of the hospitals.
For sure, the government have already taken the action against such shortcomings. More of positive features is what makes it so reliable and useful in the industry.
HMIS Login – M and E Activities
M and E Activities stands for Monitoring and Evaluation of services.
Under this part, this software ensure that information are passed in hierarchy. The flow of information must be accurate and reliable for the receiver.
It works is to monitor the whole transformation of the data sources from one to another level. The information flows from primary to the national level of the healthcare system.
It is one of the effective programming product, as it ensures that the flow of reports and information are completed on a daily basis. This helps the healthcare authority to take right decision at right time.
Evaluation is done to bring improvement in the lacking areas. It means adding oil to the hard areas of the flow chain. A smooth flow information is necessary for the better management of Health care industry and for the people they serve.
Alternatives of HMIS Portal
Technology is now everywhere, even for one cause there are numbers of tech based application are present. Like this Healthcare information System, we have plenty of alternatives that are being used by the hospitals for data management.
HMIS login is counted to be more reliable as it was launched by the Gujarat Government. Some of the top alternatives to Healthcare management software are:
- Power Dairy
- Nextan Healthcare EHR
- eClincal Works
HMIS portal Key Points
- The combination of the Health department with MIS system is sounds like HMIS. A technical software system which is used only for medical purposes.
- C- DAC has designed this innovative model. It was created with the help to cloud infrastructure. It can be applied in all the hospitals, minor changes are flexible.
- This system was launched by the Gujarat Government of India. Healthcare management software was established in the year 2006.
- It is managed by the Health ministry of India under the ruling government.
- It provides all the information they want. An example of accuracy, flexibility and smoothness. It is a modern tech innovation which is in demand by every industry.
- MIS or Management Information System is a software that is developed for the management of data.
HMIS login is a software based system that is counted as a one pillar of Healthcare industry. A system which have resulted out in the favour of the health industry. From the above reading you must have understood that it holds both positive and negative aspects.
Why to choose HMIS only, depends on the quality you want in your hospital. All the government hospitals have featured this software in their system. A medium which provides smooth analysis and retrieval of the data.
We hope that this article have brought all the required information that you were looking for? MIS software can be fitted with all the sectors of the society. There are various categories of MIS system for different purposes.
Also, Read About:-