An Indian actor who performs in the Bengali movie industry is named Swastika Mukherjee. She rose to fame after starring as “Mamata” in the Bengali horror movie ‘Mastan.’
Swastika Mukherjee: Early Life
On December 13, 1980, a Saturday, Swastika Mukherjee was born in Kolkata, West Bengal, India (age 42 as of 2022). She is a Sagittarius by birth sign. She attended the ‘Carmel High School’, ‘St. Teresa’s Secondary School’, and ‘Gokhale Memorial School’ in Kolkata for her education. Mukherjee then earned a degree in history from India’s Jadavpur University in Kolkata.
Swastika Mukherjee: Family
With her mother Gopa, father Santu Mukhopadhyay, and younger sister Ajopa, Mukherjee lived a simple life, as she puts it. Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music and ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’ were some of her favorite movies.
Swastika Mukherjee: Marriage
She wed Promit Sen, the singer of ‘Rabindra Sangeet’, in 1998 when she was 18 years old. Unfortunately, the couple’s marriage only lasted 2 years before it ended. She claimed that he had physically abused her and had removed her from her house while she was pregnant. She reported him for abuse in her complaint. Mukherjee claims that Sen requested a divorce in 2000 but later decided against it after finding great success in the performing world. Anwesha, a daughter from a previous marriage, was born in 2000.
Tanusree Shankar, a seasoned dancer, taught Mukherjee how to dance when he joined at the ‘Ananda Shankar Culture Center’ in 2001. On the filming of Brake Fail, she later began dating Parambrata Chatterjee. Pramit Sen filed a case against Chatterjee for ‘adultery & seducing’ a married lady because she was still technically wedded to him. In 2010, after Chatterjee relocated to Bristol, they split up. She began dating her Mastan co-star Jeet while the movie was being made. After that, they shared screen time in a number of movies, including Partner, Kranti and Krishnakanter Will.
In 2001, Swastika made her big-screen debut with the film Hemanter Pakhi. Mastan gave her her first prominent part in 2004. In 2008, she debuted in Bollywood with the film Mumbai Cutting. She performed in the dil bechara adaptation of ‘Fault in the Stars’ that was produced in Bollywood. Swastika eventually admitted that her charges were untrue during a press conference after having earlier filed a declaration in court claiming that they were unfounded, false, unsubstantiated and speculative.
- Swastika admitted that she wasn’t much of a cook.
- She is a passionate dog lover and frequently posts images of puppies on her Instagram page.
- 2020 saw a demonstration by Swastika in Bengal against the ‘Citizenship Amendment Act’ (CAA).
- Swastika played “Dolly Mehra” in the 2020 season of “Paatal Lok,” an Amazon Prime web series.
- With the Bengali movie Hemanter Pakhi in 2001, she made her film debut.
- The Bengali films Mastan, Criminal, Take One, Kranti and Saheb Bibi Golaam all feature work by Swastika.
- In the 2015 Bollywood film ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy,’ Saheb-Bibi-Golaam had a brief appearance.
- At the ‘Ananda Shankar Center’ For Performing Arts in Kolkata, India, Swastika studied dance under the instruction of well-known choreographer Tanusree Shankar.
- She is extremely fond of lipstick.
Also Read: Aham Sharma | Vatsal Sheth | Alexa Chung Alex Turner |Pamela Ann Stepnick| elvis presley height | Ryan Garica