Home care is an essential part of any recovery and healing process. It can help you manage pain, stay active, eat well and build a strong support network. But what about the equipment and devices you might need in your home? Below are some everyday items that many people who receive home care in Sydney use or recommend.
You may have trouble moving around safely and efficiently. You might need to reach things or sit up and get dressed. You might even need help bathing. Devices like crutches, walkers, and lifts can help with these tasks by providing added stability as you move from place to place.
You should also be able to get up safely from your bed without falling over onto the floor. This can be accomplished using a lift that raises the user into an upright position on the bed or chair they are sitting in. These devices are especially useful for people suffering from spinal injuries who cannot walk without assistance yet still need the freedom to get in and out of bed independently (for example).
Incontinence is the inability to control your bladder or bowels. Several health concerns, such as pregnancy, obesity, and dementia, can cause it. Incontinence can be frustrating for both the caregiver and the patient. Fortunately, there are many ways to manage incontinence with your Sydney home care provider.
To manage incontinence:
- Wear absorbent undergarments and briefs that are easy to change (examples include Depends and Prevail).
- Try using adhesive pads that stick directly onto your skin when you feel like you need them (for example, Poise Pads).
- Try using adult pull-ups instead of regular underwear if wearing regular underwear is uncomfortable or difficult (examples include GoodNites Nighttime Underwear and ABD Absorbent Briefs).
Arthritis is the most common joint disorder in the United States. You may notice arthritic symptoms in your hands, knees, hips and other joints. Arthritis can make it challenging to move around and do everyday tasks, so having the right equipment can help you manage your pain and stay independent for as long as possible.
Here are some of the things you might want to consider:
- Supportive footwear – Shoes with good arch support can help decrease pain from walking on hard floors or standing for long periods.
- Cold packs are great for reducing inflammation and swelling around sore joints when they flare up. You can use them at home or keep them in your bag if you like to go out walking in your neighbourhood regularly. Remember not to put them on too long because they could cause frostbite.
- Non-slip mats – These are ideal if there’s any chance that you might slip while getting ready in the morning (elevated heels), cooking dinner (greasy floors) or climbing into bed at night (bedsheets).
Pain management is vital for people with chronic conditions and injuries. Pain management can prevent further injury and decline in health and quality of life. When you or a loved one has to manage pain daily, it’s important to do so in ways that will help prevent stress and anxiety.
Mobility aids are devices and equipment that help you move around. They can help you get out of bed, into a chair or off the toilet. They also include mobility devices like wheelchairs, walkers and canes to help you get in and out of your car.
You may need an occupational therapist to evaluate whether these aids are right for you. In some cases, these products can be purchased over-the-counter at regular stores or online pharmacies without any prescription from a doctor.
Home care is more than social support
Any home care in Sydney is more than support, dietary advice and medication. It can also involve helping you access the right equipment. If you need help with mobility, pain management or incontinence, your home care worker may be able to help by assisting with physical therapy or even buying a wheelchair if it’s needed. They can also assist in determining whether other devices would make a living in your home more accessible.
Home health aides can also provide pain management services by recommending products like heating pads or electric blankets and providing back rubs when requested.
Australia’s healthcare services and policies are wholesome and helpful for a large proportion of their population, and home care offers hold a brownie point in the deal.
Also, Read More About – Cefixime Dispersible Tablet ip 200 mg Uses in Hindi?